pondělí 12. května 2014

Iva talks about our Comenius week in Prague

After school, on a hot and sunny afternoon, we, with the girls decided to go for ice cream despite the fact that our Polish and Turkish guests were on the way to school. Our plan failed and we ran up the street to meet our new friends. We managed to come just in the last minute and we managed to introduce ourselves and welcome our guests. A few times I looked around at the new faces. They were all strangers to me. Suddenly I thought it would be really hard to be friends with them. And that it will be hard to speak English all the time. We took them for lunch, where we did not talk much and there is no wonder, after such a long journey they were all exhausted. So we took them home to the families and their first day in Prague ended. The next day at school we did all sorts of different activities to get to know each other and to say something about ourselves. Some of us already knew each other from Sicily but most of us, like me, did not know anyone. Our main task was to shoot a video, which we then had to get together and create a film about Prague. During our activities we all got to know each other. We had a lot of fun and it was as if we had known each other forever. We did not speak only English, but we also learned a few words in Italian, Polish and Turkish. We walked around the monuments and made legendary SELFIES. We visited Wenceslas Square, Charles Bridge, the ZOO but we also walked around shopping malls and the markets in Prague centre. Everybody liked something else. After school, we mostly walked around in groups, where our friends know each other. We showed them the beautiful faces of Prague seen via our eyes, but we also took our friends wherever they wanted to go. A day before their departure, we met for dinner at a pizzeria and thereby ended a week full of fun, adventure and, mainly, we made some new friends. Friday, the departing day and the last day with us, was the hardest. Just imagine. The whole week we were together, we had only one week to become friends and everything went by so fast and suddenly, when we finally made friends, they had to leave. I regretted that I had not spoken to all of our international guests more. I realized this too late. We hugged for the last time and said goodbye and the worst feeling was, that I will never see some of them again. It was very sad at the airport. I'm really glad I signed up for the Comenius project even though I could not accommodate. I'm glad I had the opportunity to participate in it. I appreciate I have really good friends that I respect and even now when the project work in Prague has finished, I keep writing with some of the friends. I learned a new things and most importantly, I experienced a lot of experiences that I will never forget and to think about our time together, it will always make me smile.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat